What is Open Access?
When we use the term "open access" with reference to publication, we are describing its unrestricted availability to all. This means that all users have the freedom to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, link to, crawl for indexing, utilize as data for software, or engage in any other lawful activities, allowed under the relevant license, with the full texts of these articles.
Bentham Science Publishers accepts the Gold Open Access model, where publication costs are supported by an Article Processing Charge (APC). This APC charge is typically covered by the author's institution, funding body or the author him or herself. Authors retain the copyright of their work, while the articles are licensed by Bentham Science. The majority of Bentham Science Open Access articles are published under the Creative Commons Attribution License CC BY 4.0.
Gold Open Access allows immediate accessibility of content when it is published.
When you choose the Gold Open Access option, the benefits to authors and readers are:
- FREE to View: Gold Open Access articles are freely available for viewing, downloading, and printing, in accordance with the relevant open access mandates.
- Citations: The article has the potential to attract significantly higher citations as its content is freely accessible to readers irrespective of subscription to the journal.
- Self-archiving: There are no embargoes imposed on the archiving of articles published under the Gold Open Access category. Authors are permitted to deposit such articles in institutional, non-commercial repositories, and personal websites immediately following their publication on the journal website.
- Compliance with Funding Agency and Institutes: A comprehensive list of funding agencies, which authors can approach to secure funds for publishing their papers as open access, can be accessed on the respective journal websites.
- Creative Commons License: Open Access Articles are licensed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International Public License (CC-BY 4.0) https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/legalcode, which permits unrestricted, distribution and reproduction in any medium, as long as the work is properly credited/attributed.
Authors Retain Copyright: The use of a Creative Commons License enables authors to retain copyright to their work.
For all Gold Open Access articles, the authors are not required to obtain permission from Bentham Science for reuse. The copyright of most articles remains with the authors themselves, who have made the conscious decision to allow their articles to be reused under an open license, such as the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY 4.0). These licenses enable both reuse and adaptation of the content, as long as proper attribution is provided to the original authors and publisher.
Occasionally, Bentham Science journals may include materials that have been republished with permission under a more restrictive license. In such cases, it will be clearly indicated and marked accordingly. If authors intend to reuse such materials, it may be necessary to seek permission directly from the copyright holder.
Rights and Permissions
Gold Open Access Contributions under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/). This license grants you the following permissions:
- Authors are allowed to share (copy and redistribute) the material in any medium or format.
- Authors can adapt (Modify, transform, and build upon) the material for any purpose, including commercial purposes.
- Under the Gold Open Access category, there are no restrictions on archiving articles. Authors are free to deposit such articles on institutional, non-commercial repositories, and personal websites immediately after they have been published on the journal website. This practice is permitted under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International Public License (CC-BY 4.0).
To comply with the licensing terms, the authors must ensure the following:
- Make correct attribution by giving appropriate credit to the original authors and publisher. Include a link to the license and indicate if any changes were made. The authors have the flexibility to choose a reasonable manner of attribution, but the authors should not imply that the licensor endorses you or your use.
- Do not impose any additional restrictions. The authors are not permitted to apply legal terms or technological measures that would restrict others from doing anything that the license permits. Please adhere to these license terms when utilizing the material provided.
How to Order
The author has the option to make his/ her paper Open Access during and after submission as well as after publication.
For further information about Gold Open Access, please feel free to contact us via email: email@example.com