Generic placeholder image

Current Respiratory Medicine Reviews


ISSN (Print): 1573-398X
ISSN (Online): 1875-6387

Genomic and Cellular Pathology of Lung Cancer

Author(s): Sandy D. Der, Roya Navab, Kota Ishizawa and Ming-Sound Tsao

Volume 7, Issue 5, 2011

Page: [313 - 322] Pages: 10

DOI: 10.2174/157339811797189740

Price: $65


Lung cancer comprises of two major clinically relevant types, non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) representing about 85% of all cases and small cell lung cancer (SCLC) accounting for the remaining 15%. Despite recent advancements that include new understanding of the molecular mechanisms involved in cancer pathogenesis and introduction of new treatments, lung cancer continues to reign as the leading cause of cancer deaths worldwide. Innovations in genomics-based technologies are becoming rapidly integrated into lung cancer research and the results of these efforts have started to yield tangible advances in improved understanding and treatment of lung cancer.

Keywords: Lung cancer, oncogene, cancer stem cell, stroma, cancer-associated fibroblasts, genomics, biomarkers, personalized medicine, non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC), small cell lung cancer (SCLC)

Rights & Permissions Print Cite
© 2024 Bentham Science Publishers | Privacy Policy