"Current mainstream treatments for temporomandibular disorders (TMDs) are mainly conservative therapies. However, these conservative treatments are symptomatic treatments, not causal treatments. Therefore, the patients with severe symptoms have not been completely relieved.
Evidence-Based Occlusal Management for Temporomandibular Disorders is a concise e-lecture which covers the following points:
1. When do the signs or symptoms of TMD emerge?
2. Should the signs or symptoms be left untreated?
3. When should the treatment start?
4. How should the occlusal discrepancy be examined?
5. How should occlusion at the BPOP (bite plate-induced occlusal position) (muscular contact position) be equilibrated?
The e-lecture also demonstrates a positive outcome using causal treatment based on occlusal equilibration in the BPOP based on the evidence of a relationship between occlusal discrepancy and TMD. Therefore, this e-book shares insightful, evidence-based clinical data with interested readers such as dental clinicians and researchers around the world."